Group Internal Audit Verification Statement
This corporate social responsibility report includes sections on customer policies, our employees, the environment, our suppliers, community initiatives and socially responsible investment.
Where relevant, details have been included of how our operations in America, the Netherlands and France address these areas, as well as selected data on our other overseas operations.
The objective of this verification is to express an opinion on:
- The reliability of the processes used by us to identify, collect and report data and supplementary information included within the corporate social responsibility report.
- The accuracy of data included in the report.
Group Internal Audit has applied a methodology consistent with best audit practice in undertaking this verification procedure. Our review comprised:
- Interviews with senior management within Legal & General.
- Evaluation of the processes in place to report qualitative and quantitative data.
- Review and verification of data, including reference to supporting documentation where appropriate.
- Review of the final content of the report to assess consistency with the overall findings of our work.
Reliance was placed on the ISO 14001 certification of certain systems within the Group, where appropriate.
On the basis of the work performed, we have reached the following conclusions:
- Appropriate management systems have been put in place to capture and consolidate corporate social responsibility performance information related to our Group-wide activities.
- quantitative data is stated accurately within the report.
Bernadine A Burnell
Group Chief Internal Auditor
Legal & General Group Plc
One Coleman Street
London EC2R 5AA
30th April 2013